Import Backup from iTunes
This article details the steps required to import and restore a backup file from a computer using the file sharing function in iTunes.
On the Computer
- Open the iTunes application on the computer and connect the device using the appropriate USB cable.
- In iTunes, open the device and find the “File Sharing” section along the sections on the left side.
- Under file sharing, find the eKeypad application and select it.
- On this screen, backup files can be dragged from the computer and dropped on the device to import them.
- Important Note: Backup files have the extension, “.ekarchive”. No other files should be altered or removed on the device. Doing so will adversely affect the operation of eKeypad.
On the Device
- Open eKeypad and navigate to the Config -> Backup Files screen.
- Tap the backup file and select the Restore option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the restore.