Reselling eKeypad Licenses
There are two options for reselling eKeypad Pro licenses.
- Managed Licenses. Advanced remote management of eKeypad.
- Application Gifting. Bundle licenses with other products or services.
For installers, we can offer fully managed and transferable licenses. These licenses add several remote management capabilities to eKeypad, including:
- Zero-touch device setup. You can configure and test eKeypad configurations with managed licenses without touching the end-user device. Despite security, privacy, or availability issues, you can complete your work quickly and efficiently.
- Remote configuration updates. Similar to the zero-touch configuration, changes and updates made to eKeypad after the initial installation can be pushed automatically to all end-user devices. Regardless of where the device is, the next time eKeypad is launched, it will automatically download and install your deployed updates.
- Remote configuration wipe. Lost mobile devices, stolen devices, or former employees with access to security and surveillance systems are a significant concern. Managed eKeypad licenses provide peace of mind that the option to remotely wipe the configuration from individual devices is available.
- Transferable licenses. For end-users providing eKeypad to employees, retail licenses of eKeypad Pro available through the Apple App Store can not be transferred as employees leave and new employees join to replace them. Managed licenses support the ability to transfer eKeypad licenses in these situations and avoid the need to purchase new licenses for new employees.
The Apple App Store supports a feature called “Gifting”. Buy using this feature; a single-use “Redemption Code” for eKeypad Pro can be purchased. This code can then be redeemed on the customer’s iOS device to transfer the license to their account permanently.
Gifting eKeypad Pro
- Open the App Store app on your mobile device. If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Search for “eKeypad Pro” and open the application page.
- Tap the More button (round with three dots) in the upper-right corner of the page. Choose “Gift App…” from the list of choices.
- Enter the details for the gift.
- Use your business email address.
- The message field is helpful for customer or job reference codes.
- The theme you select is not important.
- Confirm everything is correct on the next screen and tap Buy in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap Buy Now, which will appear where the Buy button you just tapped will appear.
- Type in your iTunes password when prompted to complete the purchase
- An email will be sent to you immediately after you finish. This email will contain the “Redemption Code” for your purchased license.
Redeeming Gift Codes on a Customers Device
- Open the App Store application on the iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the “Today” tab at the bottom of the screen, then tap the My Account button or photo in the upper-right corner.
- Tap “Redeem Gift Card or Code”. The customer may have to log in with their Apple ID at this step.
- Find the option to “enter your code manually” and follow the prompts. Use the Redemption Code you received from the gift process earlier.
- Tap Done.
- The eKeypad Pro application will download automatically.
If you have any questions or issues, do not hesitate to contact us.