Export Backup to Email
This article details the steps necessary to export a backup file using email. Exporting via email is only available if an email account is configured on the iOS device.
- Open eKeypad and Navigate to the Config -> Backup Files screen in eKeypad.
- Tap the backup file to be exported and select the “Send as Email Attachment” option.
- Note: This option will not be present if an email account is not setup on the device.
- Edit the email message that is automatically generated. No not remove the file attachment. It is the encrypted backup file.
- The email is send using the mail application and the email account configured on the device.
For large backup files, it may not be possible to use all email services due to limits on the size of attached files. The most common reason for large eKeypad backup files is caused by custom Blueprint screens; especially when they contain a lot of custom icon graphics, backgrounds and interface images. If the configured email account is unable to send backup file emails one of the alternative export methods should be used.
- Export via iTunes. Direct transfer of backup files to a computer using a USB cable.
- Export via Network. Direct transfer of backup files from one copy of eKeypad to another.