Import Backup From Email
This article details the steps necessary to import and restore a backup file that has been archived from within eKeypad or sent from another person using email.
- Launch the Apple Mail application on the device.
- Find the email containing the Backup File. To help locate the backup…
- The default subject for exported backups is “eKeypad Backup”.
- All backup files end with the extension, “.ekarchive”.
- Tap on the file attachment inside the email message.
- Locate the option to open the file with eKeypad.
- Selecting this option to automatically launch eKeypad and import the backup file.
- Dismiss the popup message verify the file import. Note the filename listed.
- Navigate to the Config -> Backup Files screen in eKeypad.
- Tap the backup file and select the Restore option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the restore.