Import Backup From Network
This article details the steps required to import a backup that is being shared by another copy of eKeypad on the same Wifi or ethernet network. The network sharing functionality will not work over cellular connections.
This article assumes the remote device is already sharing a backup file.
- Verify the local device is connected to the same network as the remote device.
- Open eKeypad and navigate to the Config -> Backup Files.
- Tap on the “Import Shared Backup” link.
- Select the backup file you want to import from the list. This action will copy the file to the local device.
- If you do not see any files listed, verify both devices are on the same network.
- Tap on “< Backups” in the top left of the screen to go back to the list of backup files.
- Tap the backup file and select the Restore option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the restore.